This past weekend was reserved for the 33rd edition of Plitvice Marathon. We believe that hearts of all runners are filled with many unforgettable experiences – the memories made during the last weekend will be talked about for a long time. A combination of beautiful deep-green woods, breathtaking crystal clear lakes and waterfalls and, of course, running cannot leave anyone indifferent!
The weekend started on Friday with marathon expo and start packages pickup. Saturday was reserved for 5 K race, as well as numerous races for kids. The winners of the 5 K race were Ante Živković, who also won the 5 K race in 2017, and Radmila Maksimović.
- Ante Živković – 16:53 1. Radmila Maksimović – 20:36
- Ilija Milenković – 17:21 2. Maja Urban – 20:59
- Tomislav Kopač – 17:27 3. Silvia Šimunović – 21:48
On Saturday night a hip-hop/rap band TBF held a concert in Mukinje. We are sure that they warmed you up pretty well for the race next day!
The Sunday morning was sunny and warm – a true summer day. Luckily, fresh breeze coming from the lakes and the woods offered some relief to runners during the (half)marathon race. Both marathon and half marathon started at the same time, at 9 am. There were more than 1000 runners from all over the world on the start line – more than 700 halfmarathoners and 300 marathoners! At 10:15 we greeted the first half marathoner at the finish line – Lajos Berec from Hungary took the first place in 1:14:14! He was followed by Tamas Nagy (1:14:24) and Goran Grdenić (1:16:49). The fastest among women was Croatian runner Nikolina Stepan (1:26:22). Tanja Samardžić won the second place (1:29:37) and Zita Kovacs was the third woman (1:32:49).
- Lajos Berec – 1:14:14 1. Nikolina Stepan – 1:26:22
- Tamas Nagy – 1:14:24 2. Tanja Samardžić – 1:29:37
- Goran Grdenić – 1:16:49 3. Zita Kovacs – 1:32:49
- Antun Rudolf Pavelić – 1:16:50 4. Lucija Šćur – 1:35:39
- Krešimir Balaško – 1:18:30 5. Csabane Csornyei – 1:35:50
We would like to especially congratulate everyone who finished the marathon race (326 runners)! It is widely known that everyone who manages to complete the Plitvice marathon course deserves admiration and esteem. In order to complete the course runners have to run smart and save their energy for the last hills. This year’s winners did it best – Hosea Kiplagat Tuei from Kenya was the first male runner and Matea Matošević Hačić was the first among women.
- Hosea Kiplagat Tuei – 2:36:57 1. Matea Matošević Hačić – 2:55:29
- Moses Kipruto Kibire – 2:41:50 2. Hellen Jepkosgei Kimutai – 2:58:56
- Milorad Vojvodić – 2:48:55 3. Nikolna Šustić Stanković – 2:59:34
- Goran Murić – 2:55:05 4. Marija Vrajić – 3:05:15
- Xavier Sahuquillo Falco – 2:55:39 5. Veronika Jurišić – 3:22:30
Team Neretvani won the marathon relay race in time 2:55:08.
The 33rd Plitvice Marathon was also a national championship (individual and team) in marathon. The medals went to:
- Milorad Vojvodić – 2:48:55 1. Matea Matošević Hačić – 2:55:29
- Goran Murić – 2:55:05 2. Nikolina Šustić Stanković – 2:59:34
- Dejan Radanac – 2:58:37 3. Marija Vrajić – 3:05:15
The team title for both men and women teams went to AK Sljeme.
We would like to thank our partner and general sponsor Public institution Plitvice Lakes National Park.
Also, we would like to thank all the sponsors: FORD, Intersport, Coca Cola, Samsung, Ožujsko pivo, Electrolux, GRAWE, Dukat, Natural Wealth, GARMIN, Hrvatski atletski savez, Pekara Tušak, TZ općine Plitvička Jezera, Komunalac d.o.o., Općina Plitvička Jezera. And, of course, our media partners 3sporta.com, Sportske novosti, Lika Online i HRT Radio drugi program.
Sincere congratulations to all runners and new national champions!